Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year, New Bookish Goals

The Duke of Devonshire Taking a Nap in the Library at Chatsworth
 Shot by Christopher Sykes

Dear Members,

Happy New Year! We welcome 2015 with open arms as we look forward to days ahead.
This is the perfect time to start fresh with bookish goals and challenges, but what to choose? Here are some fun pledges to go along with:

HarperCollins Canada's 50 Book Pledge!

With fun contests, plus individualized shelves for your Read, Currently Reading, and To-Be Read picks, it's a fun way to keep track...and collect interesting badges along the way.


The 2015 Classics Challenge

2015 Classics Challenge / Read One Classic Book Per MonthI am continuing with the Classics Challenge this year, alongside the 50 Book Challenge – and I’d love for you to join me! I’ve really enjoyed reading more classics over the past three years. I tend to stretch the meaning of ‘classic’. I’ve read Roald Dahl and Judy Blume alongside Charlotte Brontë and Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve read non-fiction alongside children’s classics.I was inspired by So Obsessed With and Belle of the Literati this year (who host the Re-Read Challenge 2015) to come up with a list of questions for you to answer as you post about each classic. Don’t forget to tag your posts with 2015 Classics Challenge.WHEN I Discovered This Classic WHAT Makes It A Classic WHY I Chose to Read It  WILL It Stay A Classic WHO I’d Recommend It ToClick here to add your name and blog to the 2015 Classics ChallengeGo here to read more about the challenge.

I have stumbled across this lovely user on Tumblr and I thought it was a wonderful idea to conjoin with the 50 Book Pledge. I don't know about you, but I love reading the classics, and so it is suitable enough to aim for one classic book per month. Such fun!


Penguin Book's Penguinspiration!

Set yourself a goal for this year, take their mini quiz and they will send you recommendations right to your inbox! How very cute! #penguinspo


Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge



If you have an account on Goodreads,you can also track the amount of books you wish to set this year!

Random House of Canada's Reading Bingo Challenge

Reading Bingo Card

While they haven't put up their 2015 Bingo Reading Card yet, this what last year's look like- it's just as exciting to continue, or make one up that's unique you can share among friends!


Which one would you choose?

See you very soon!

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?