Thursday 4 October 2012

A Matchbook Afternoon With... C.S. Richardson

It is not length of life, but depth of life.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson



Dear Members,

I hope everyone is mesmerized by C.S. Richardson's The Emperor of Paris as I am! Each chapter has me submerged in a world of cobblestone paths, the smell of bread, whispered conversations in French, and the feel of old books.

As well, this month, we are in for a very special treat: our upcoming book club meeting will be graced with a very special guest: author C.S. Richardson himself!!

This is a dream come true as I have been a huge fan of his since The End of the Alphabet was published. I lost count of how many times I gushed about this book to friends, family, and strangers!

So do feel welcome to come with questions! We will be meeting up at the Swiss Room at Marche Restaurant located at Brookfield Place between Yonge and Wellington. We will begin the meeting at 2pm- I look forward to meeting everyone there!

This will be an afternoon we won't forget. In the meantime, take a look at this clip, as C.S. Richardson talks about book design:



No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?