Tuesday 12 June 2012

The World We Found

All gardening is landscape painting.
-William Kent



Dear members, 

I hope everyone's been enjoying our latest pick by Vanessa Diffenbaugh- The Language of Flowers so far!
And what wonderful weather we've been having- summer is here to stay!

In light of The Language of Flowers, Goodreads is hosting a live video chat with the author on Tuesday June 26th at 5pm. I believe you have to be a Goodreads member to take part and ask her about anything in which the book as sparked your mind with- a few of are members are already on board, so make sure to take a look, as it's a great place to keep record of the books you've read, books you want to read, quotes, and much more!


Recommendation Round:

Thanks to one of our lovely members, Barbara, who submitted this funny story:

A thief in Paris planned to steal some Paintings from the Louvre.
After careful planning, he got past security, stole the paintings, and made it safely to his van.
However, he was captured only two blocks away when his van ran out of gas.
When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied, 'Monsieur, that is the reason I stole the paintings.

I had no Monet
 
To buy Degas
To make the Van Gogh."


See if you have De Gaulle to send this on to someone else.

I sent it to you because I figured I had nothing Toulouse! 

Bookfessions:


I came across this Tumblr site called Bookfessions: everyone should take a look, as I'm sure we can agree to many of their points!

Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?