Thursday 10 May 2012

On Travel: Egypt

“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”
 – Freya Stark

Dear members,

Reading Kate Pullinger's The Mistress of Nothing has given me a case of wanderlust. How I wish I could just travel to all of these wonderful places right this instance! I do have a list of places I want to go and I want to make it a dream come true to check all of them off.

When we think of Egypt, what instantly comes to mind are the extraordinary feat of the pyramids, the incredible artworks, the culture of this civilization, and the lavish history it holds!

Here are some interesting things to look at when it comes to all things Egypt and travel!

Watch: Cairo Time

Starring Patricia Clarkson and Alexander Siddiq, the film is about an unexpected love story set in the heart of Egypt.



Read: Wayfare Magazine


This is one of my favourite sites I like to go on when it comes to travel- it has fantastic stories and great travel inspiration.


Naguib Mahfouz's Palace Walk- Volume One of his Cairo Trilogies. One of the most well known writers of Arabic literature, he received his Nobel Peace Prize for Literature in 1988.


Write: Travel Journals

image

Ah, travel journals- whether we are avid writers or not, one things for sure: nothing is as blissful as keeping a record of your travels as you go abroad. Now comes a hard question: which to pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?