Tuesday 17 April 2012

Recommendation Round

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. -Anna Quindlen


6845938769_c4321deb94_z_large

One of our lovely book club members, Barbara, came across this interesting article on Flavorwire: 

Our previous book club pick, Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus, made it onto the list! Can you imagine if someone were to pull this wonderful theme off? I'd be wondering when I would be receiving the invitation!

Another great theme was The Great Gatsby! Potential theme for my upcoming birthday perhaps?

Our upcoming eleventh meeting will take place at The Library Lounge at the Imperial Pub on Saturday, April 21st from 1-3pm. Those who are interested, don't be shy- pop by for a chat!

1 comment:

  1. Hey everybody,
    This is Jen. How is everybody? I think it is wonderful there is a recommendation round. This put me in the mood to share the latest book craze that I am hooked on, which is Angelmaker by Nick Harkwaway. It was recommended by Erin Morgenstern herself! Don't take my word for it, check out this link for yourself: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/feb/12/nick-harkaway-angelmaker-review

    P.S. Behind the Beautiful Forevers is certainly an eye opener as it presents devastating facts about the living conditions in a Mumbai Undercity to readers in this book. Perhaps, it can motivate people to change the politics there. Also be aware not to single out just this city but there is other cities that similarly experiences this too. Can't wait to hear what the rest of you guys think about the book!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?