Wednesday 14 September 2011

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."

"Ever morning, until you dead in the ground, you gone have to make this decision. You gone have to ask yourself, "Am I gone believe what them fools say about me today?"
-Kathryn Stokett, The Help


Dear members,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. How is everyone enjoying the book, The Help?
One thing's for sure: I know I am absolutely hooked- I find myself smiling many times, laughing out loud at some moments, and felt my eyes tearing up on very touching moments. I can't wait to discuss this book with all of you.
Interested in knowing a bit more about the book and the film? Here is author Kathryn Stockett's website:
For the film's website:
( I must say, I really like the soundtrack to the film).
Speaking of which, our fourth meeting is right around the corner! The members have voted via Doodle, and  it will be taking place this Saturday, September 17th at 12:00-2:00pm at Marche, located inside Brookfield Place.



Shortly after the meeting those who are interested in checking out the film version of "The Help" will be able to do so, as there will be a 3:45pm showing at Rainbow Cinemas Market Square.
Here is a trailer for the film, and a film clip to go with!







See you on Saturday!

Until then,

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?