Saturday 29 October 2011

Enchanted

I will always remember this summer day in Paris, when I was to perform a great acrobatic move. I can still see myself stepping on the ring of a packed circus along real performers. 
-Tony Curtis

6a0120a5d0b3c3970c0133efb98d83970b-580wi_large

I hope everyone is enjoying "The Night Circus" so far! 
It definitely is magical realism at its best- I couldn't help but wish that there truly was a Night Circus out there that we can enjoy- it would undoubtedly add another sparkle to our life- but that's what books are precisely for: to explore worlds so remarkable from our own and being able to live through the character's lives for a while and channelling their emotions as if they were ours.
In this clip, the author, Erin Morgenstern, talks about her book and draws in a little bit on what inspires her- including magic.


Enjoy!
Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts?